2020 Church Weekday Video Training Conference
Save the date for July 31!
What’s different this year?
Church Weekday Oklahoma is providing a conference for all weekday programs across the state. Normally, this conference hosts 100s of weekday teachers but, because of the need for social distancing during this time, the 2020 conference will be a video training conference with 4 different sessions.
These conferences also provide needed and required training for programs accredited through DHS. In the past, the conference requires a registration fee, but this year, through the generous contributions from our speakers, we are providing the training Free. To participate and take advantage of these free online trainings, churches must register their program online. (Registration is temporarily unavailable).
We feel confident you will be able to spend the needed hours required for certification. If you need the documentation for your files, please contact our office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Videos will be uploaded by July 1
- Create a theme for your center training
- Watch the training videos with your team
- Discuss and share ideas
Classroom Management: The Heartbeat of Learning
Do you find it difficult to engage all children during group time? Is your classroom rowdy and unruly? Do you feel like “crowd control” is all you do? The most difficult part of teaching is managing classroom behavior positively. We will discuss simple strategies, effective solutions and useful ideas that will help you as you strive to help your children grow in wisdom, stature and favor with God and people.
Fine Tuning Your Teacher Superpowers
Teachers have amazing abilities to lead and teach children so this conference will help teachers fine-tune their superpowers.
Director’s Track: A Call to Leadership
Safety & Hygiene Alerts
What is Oklahoma Church Weekday Education?
- Exchange ideas, study trends, methods and development in the field of early childhood education.
- Network with other teachers and directors from across our great state.
- Receive DHS training hours as required for all licensed programs.
- Fun and fellowship with new friends.
The purpose of Church Weekday Education is to:
- provide foundational education and social development in a spiritual atmosphere
- support programs that offer childcare for children of parents who work outside the home
- extend the mission of the church to young members and the community
Church Weekday Education Programs include:
- Child Development Centers
- Full Day Care
- Preschool one-half day programs (any day of the week)
- Parent’s Day Out
- Mother’s Day Out
- After School Care
- Summer Day Camps
- Other types of Weekday Ministry to preschoolers and children