The Tutoring Children and Youth (TCY) 11-Hour Workshop equips local church volunteers to intentionally share the Gospel while helping children and youth who have academic needs in reading and other school subjects. These topics are covered, as well as others:
• Sharing the Gospel and the Bible with students
• Organizing a church TCY ministry
• Helping with reading
• Helping with writing and math
• Planning tutoring sessions
• Helping with learning differences
The workshop will be led by Barbara Marlett and Cheryl Wilkinson, who have been trained through the National Literacy Missions Partnership (NLMP) and the North American Mission Board/Send Relief and are also experienced TCY ministry volunteers.