Belize is a nation on the eastern coast of Central America, with Caribbean Sea shorelines to the east and dense jungle to the west. It is a great place for students to be introduced to international missions because: it allows them to see one of the poorest places in the world, most of the people speak English, it is low in cost, it’s just a short flight away, and it is fun! The team will be performing a drama in rural communities, doing VBS, and sharing the Gospel in creative ways.
Why serve in Belize?
Poverty in indigenous Maya populations
Malnourished children under the age of 5
23.8% of homes have an earth/sandy floor.
43.6% of people report their home needs major repairs or is irreparable.
51.2% cook over wood/charcoal in their homes.
Only 55% of homes use electricity from a public source.
More About Belize
Who will we serve in Belize?
Religious People Groups
What will we do?
- Teams will be working in the southern part of Belize in the Toledo District.
- Teams will be staying at the Belize Training Center.
- Teams will be transported around the area via vans or buses.
- Teams will be partnering with a local national missions partner of the Baptist Convention of Belize.
- Teams will be working in several rural villages.
- Teams will be doing VBS in the morning/afternoon and a drama presentation each evening.
- There will be a free day enjoying the natural beauty of Belize.
How to pray:
- Pray for safety as we travel and work together as one team.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of the people in Belize to receive the Good News.
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel.
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus, not just religion.
- Pray that the people of Belize would realize their need for a savior and come to faith in Jesus.
- Pray for spiritual clarity with the many who confuse their faith with superstition and paganism.
- Pray that the churches would not simply be Christian in name, but would actively seek to know God and make Him known to those around them.