Edmonton is a beautiful and thriving Canadian city with cool summer temperatures. The people love attending summer festivals and outdoor events. The diverse population is less than 6% evangelical and there is only one Baptist church per 75,000 people. We will help new church plants move their ministry forward and share the Gospel through block parties, service projects, and personal evangelism.
Why serve in Edmonton?
Population Increase in the last 10 years
More About Edmonton
Who will we serve in Edmonton?
What will we do?
- Teams will be partnering with Church in the Valley, Kingdom Minded Church, and West Edmonton Fellowship.
- Teams will be staying in a hotel.
- Teams will get to project locations on foot. Participants need to be prepared to walk a couple of miles each day.
- Teams will be working with a church planter in various projects to move their ministry forward and share the Gospel.
- They will put on a couple of block parties that will involve getting the word out, setting up, running various components, and sharing the Gospel at the events. Students will be canvasing neighborhoods promoting events and services of the church plants that we are serving.
- The group will have a fun day exploring the city.
How to pray:
- Pray for safety as we travel and work
- Pray for our team to work well together
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus, not just religion
- Pray that the people of Edmonton would realize their need for a savior and come to faith in Jesus
- Pray that God will raise up the right people to reach the different cultures living in Edmonton (Chinese, Philip-pinos, East Indians, Middle Easterners)
- Pray for the church planters that we’ll be working with. Pray that they would be encouraged, equipped, resourced, and be given open doors to reach the people of Edmonton. Pray they would remember they are not alone in this mission