- The churches are ethnically diverse: 9 African American, 4 Hispanic, 2 Sudanese, 2 Burmese, 2 Nepalese, 2 Russian language, 2 Korean, and 1 Native American.
- It’s the 58th largest metropolitan area in the US; about the size of Tulsa.
- The Metro grew 4% in the last three years adding 30,000 more souls.
- Speaking broadly 50% are Catholic, 30% Lutheran, 10% Methodist, and the remaining 10% is all the rest of us from Buddhists to Muslims to religious nones to Evangelical Christians.
Who will we serve in Nebraska?
What will we do?
- The ethnic churches run the spectrum from healthy and vibrant to unhealthy and dying. Both ends of the spectrum provide opportunities for mission teams. Projects may include outreach activities like block parties and backyard Bible clubs or service opportunities such as church or neighborhood home repairs and painting.
- While in Omaha, you’ll stay in the remodeled church building.
How to pray:
- Pray that our churches might have a renewed passion to reach out to their neighborhoods.
- Pray for more church planters, church planting teams, and mission teams to help reach unchurched, dechurched, and lost.
- Pray that our pastors would be protected from temptation and the attacks of Satan.
- Pray that God would be glorified and His Kingdom grow in and through each individual in Nebraska.
- Pray for safety, health, and unity in the GoStudents I Network team and church members.