Why serve in Latvia?
Life expectancy for 1/3 of orphanage graduates
More About Latvia
Who will we serve in Latvia?
What will we do?
- We’ll be working in Riga area in the town of Olaine.
- We’ll be partnering with the Baptist Convention of Latvia and the International Mission Board.
- We’ll be staying in a combination of hotels and in tents.
- The weather will be cooler than we’re used to for summer time and it only gets dark for about 4 hours a day.
- Teams will be transported in vans or by trains.
- The team will be helping facilitate a midsummer’s festival with the purpose of growing the new youth group for a new church plant, Olaines Baptist Church. There will be worship services, workshops, crafts, games, and sports at the camp. It’s a cultural tradition for Latvians to leave the cities and go out to the country side to celebrate the summer solstice. This experience gives the Latvian Baptist Convention and GoStudents a great time to encourage believers and share the Gospel with lost people.
- There will be a free day in the historic area of Riga.
How to pray:
- Pray for safety as we travel and work.
- Pray for our team to work well together.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of the people in Latvia to receive the Good News.
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel.
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus, not just religion.
- Pray for harvest workers to embrace the younger generation before they follow in the footsteps of their atheistic ancestors.
- Pray for despair and suicide to melt away before the hope of the Living God.