Why serve in Lawton?
Lawton’s close proximity to the Wichita Mountains and the Fort Sill Military Reservation has made it one of the largest cities in our state. Fort Sill was established in 1868, has an area that covers almost 94,000 acres, and has a population of 10,882.
10,000 people in Lawton deal with substance abuse issues and 6,000 deal with depression. Nearly 20,000 Lawtonians reported they had a mental health issue that they needed to be attended to, and it was not met.
Who will we serve in Lawton?
What will we do?
- We’ll be partnering with M28 Ministries.
- Teams will be housed at FBC Lawton and will need to bring an air mattress and bedding.
- Participants have to be dropped off/picked up or drive to/from the host church at the beginning and end of the project.
- Teams will be transported around the city via church vans/buses during the project.
- Teams will be serving food, helping with clothing, children’s ministry, hosting a block party, engaging in personal evangelism, and helping with discipleship programs.
How to pray:
- Pray that the people will become hungry for the Holy Spirit and seek spiritual nourishment through the Bridge ministry in Lawton.
- Pray for the broken people in the area in need of hope and also for the workers to bring them a harvest of hope.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of the people in Lawton to receive the Good News.
- Pray for our team to work well together.
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel.
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus, not just religion.