It’s the home of hipsters and the largest city in Oregon. Portland has been cited as the least religious city in America. Many of the residents are young, independent thinkers, so for those interested in reaching the next generation, Portland provides the perfect opportunity. You will work alongside passionate church planters to advance the kingdom through park ministry, community projects, and personal evangelism.
Why serve in Portland?
Miles of Bike Lanes
"Nones" in the metro area
More About Portland
Who will we serve in Portland?
What will we do?
- Teams will be partnering with the North American Mission Board.
- Teams will be staying in the dorms at Portland State University.
- Teams will be transported around the city via public trains, buses and on foot.
- Teams will be working with church planters in various projects to move their ministries forward and share the Gospel.
- Students will be working and having conversations with people in parks, helping set up and serve meals, working in schools, doing creative outreach experiences, coffee shop ministry, face painting, crafts, etc.
- The group will have a fun day exploring the city.
How to pray:
- Pray for safety as we travel and work.
- Pray for our team to work well together.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of the people in Portland to receive the Good News.
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel.
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus, not just religion.
- Pray that the light of Christ would penetrate the shroud of spiritual darkness in Portland.
- Pray for the church planters that we’ll be working with. Pray that they would be encouraged, equipped, resourced, and be given open doors to reach the people of Portland. Pray they would remember they are not alone in this mission