2020 Annual Meeting
Watch and listen to Hance Dilbeck, Blake Gideon, and Andy Taylor bring God’s word from the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, UNHINDERED.
Blake Gideon, President
Jeremy Freeman, Vice President
David Hooks, Second Vice President
- Brooks, Matt | pastor, Broken Arrow, First
- Dilbeck, D. Hance, Jr. | executive director-treasurer, Oklahoma Baptists
- Duck, Russell | Elk City, First; chairman, Finance Committee, Oklahoma Baptists
- Frazier, Amy | worship leader, Del City, First Southern
- Freeman, Jeremy | pastor, Newcastle, First; first vice president, Oklahoma Baptists
- Gideon, Blake | pastor, Edmond, First; president, Oklahoma Baptists
- Hooks, David | pastor, Oklahoma City, Bryant Avenue; second vice president, Oklahoma Baptists
- Kellogg, Robert | chief executive officer, WatersEdge, Oklahoma Baptists
- Lind, Randy | ministry partner, Worship & Music Ministry, Oklahoma Baptists
- McNeece, Greg | president, Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children, Oklahoma Baptists
- Meshaya, Shane | pastor, Armstrong, First
- Pierce, Bill | president, Baptist Village Communities, Oklahoma Baptists
- Price, Kevin | minister of music, Broken Arrow, First
- Quigley, Alan | associate executive director, Church Resources Group, Oklahoma Baptists
- Reed, Jim | pastor, Poteau, Southside
- Scrivani, Mike | pastor, Bartlesville, Highland Park; chairman, Nominating Committee, Oklahoma Baptists
- Swain, James | associate executive director, Church Relations Group, Oklahoma Baptists
- Taylor, Andy | pastor, Broken Arrow, Arrow Heights
- Thomas, Heath | president, Oklahoma Baptist University, Oklahoma Baptists
- Tucker, Heath | pastor, Edmond, Waterloo Road; chairman, Credentials Committee, Oklahoma Baptists
- OSWC | Oklahoma Student Worship Choir, Oklahoma Baptists
- SCM | Singing Churchmen of Oklahoma, Oklahoma Baptists
- SCW | Singing Church Women of Oklahoma, Oklahoma Baptists
Tuesday Afternoon (1pm-6pm)
- 12:45 Pre Service Music, Ada Student Worship Team/Members of OSWC
- 1:00 Call to Order, Blake Gideon
- Greetings from Host Pastor, Matt Brooks
- Scripture, Shane Meshaya
- Prayer, Jim Reed
- 1:10 Business Session
- Appointment of Committees, Blake Gideon
- Report of Credentials Committee, Heath Tucker
- 1:15 Music/Worship, Amy Frazier
- 1:30 President’s Address, Blake Gideon
- 2:00 Prayer Time, D. Hance Dilbeck, Jr.
- 2:10 WatersEdge Report, Robert Kellog
- 2:20 Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children Report, Greg McNeece
- 2:30 Business Session
- Report of the Board of Directors, D. Hance Dilbeck, Jr.
- Financial Plan Presentation, Russell Duck
- Election of Officers, Blake Gideon
- 2:55 Music/Worship, Randy Lind
- 3:00 Executive Director-Treasurer’s Address, D. Hance Dilbeck, Jr.
- 3:30 Church Relations Group Report, James Swain
- 3:45 Church Resources Group Report, Alan Quigley
- 4:00 Baptist Village Communities Report, Bill Pierce
- 4:10 Oklahoma Baptist University Report, Heath Thomas
- 4:30 Business Session
- Election of Officers, Blake Gideon
- Nominating Committee Report, Mike Scrivani
- 4:40 Remembering the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre
- 5:00 Music/Worship, Broken Arrow, First Catalyst Choir & Band, Kevin Price, Director
- 5:10 Annual Sermon, Andy Taylor
- 5:40 Closing Remarks, D. Hance Dilbeck, Jr.
- Closing Prayer, David Hooks
D. Hance Dilbeck, Jr.
Executive Director-Treasurer, Oklahoma Baptists
Hance served as a pastor in Oklahoma churches for 30-plus years. Hance was born in Pawhuska, Oklahoma and graduated from Pawhuska High School. His undergraduate degree in religion is from Oklahoma Baptist University and he is a two-time graduate of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he earned a Master of Divinity degree in 1992 and a Doctor of Ministry degree in 2002. He has served in many other areas of denominational work as well, having been the featured preacher for Falls Creek Youth Camp, Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Oklahoma Baptist University, Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Second Vice-President of the Southern Baptist Convention, President of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma and chairman of the Board of Trustees for the International Mission Board.
Pastor Hance and his wife Julie have been married for 34 years and have three grown sons, three wonderful daughters-in-law, and seven grandchildren.
Senior Pastor, Edmond, First Baptist Church
Blake and his wife Kelly have four children. Blake graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 2005 with his Undergraduate Degree in Theology. Later, in 2008, he graduated from Southwestern Seminary with his master’s degree in Religious Education and has also completed his master’s degree in Divinity. He completed his Doctor of Ministry at New Orleans Theological Seminary in 2015.
Blake Gideon is also member of the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS). Founded in 1949, the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS) is a group of scholars, teachers, and pastors dedicated to the oral exchange and written expression of theological thought and research. The ETS is devoted to the inerrancy and inspiration of the Scriptures and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Senior Pastor – Broken Arrow, Arrow Heights