Virtual Missions Center
The Importance of Missions/GoStudents
It’s important to be aware of the spiritual and physical needs in our world today. Social problems are opportunities for us to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Oklahoma Baptists have a long history of stepping into areas of brokenness and meeting the needs to advance the Gospel.
Seattle has the 3rd highest homeless population in the US.
One out of every 6 residents of Oklahoma City lives in poverty.
10K people in Lawton deal with substance abuse issues and 6K deal with depression.
95% of people living in multi-housing, government housing, mobile home parks, etc in Tulsa are unchurched.
Portland is known as the least religious city in the US. 60% say that God is not important to their life.
New York City
The whole world can be found in NYC. With over 800 languages spoken daily and people from every corner of the world, it makes it a strategic place to end global lostness.
The poverty rate for the indigenous Mayan population of Belize is 68%.
The total number of Venezuelan refugees that have fled to Peru now stands at about 800K.
There are 8,124 towns in Spain. 92% of these towns don’t have an evangelical church.
There are 10K children in the orphanages of Latvia (of which most are dysfunctional). Of those 10K orphaned 92% have living parents and they feel abandoned.
Zimbabwe Africa is home not only to one of the 7 Natural wonders of the World (Victoria Falls), the big 5 animals (Elephant, Lion, Cape Buffalo, Leopard, Rhinoceros), but also home to 16.5 million people that need the Savior!
Evangelical churchgoers in Portugal are 0.4% of the population and in some regions believers are almost “invisible”.
Of Cambodia’s 15M in population, over 95% practice Buddhism.
In Calgary, only 5.2% of 1.4M inhabitants claim to believe in Jesus. Christ.
There is only one Baptist church per 60K people in Edmonton.
Miami is the rated the second worst city in the nation for income inequality.
Unfortunately, nearly 4 out of 5 (78%) of its people who died had a history of substance abuse.
Despite its reputation as a religious city, there is only one Southern Baptist church per 40,460 people. Sadly, over 97% of the people do not know Jesus as Lord.
2022 Recap Video
2019 Recap Video
2018 Recap Video
More Information / Apply
Are you interested in going on a GoStudents trip but are unsure which one or how to go? Let us know and we’ll help guide you!
Student Missions Offering
Compassion ministry opens doors to the Gospel. You can literally help save lives by giving to the student missions offering. This year’s humanitarian portion of the offering will support Oklahoma’s Hope Pregnancy Center.
How to Pray
HOPE RESTORED PRAYER POINTS
Every day, OBHC works to impact in the lives of children and families. However, we cannot do this without God’s direction and blessing. We encourage everyone to please pray for OBHC and the individuals who come through our doors. You can do this through:
- Prayer Calendar – Please download and print our monthly prayer calendar. Listed are names of children, mothers and OBHC employees. Pray for these people each day during your quiet time, before dinner, etc.
- Pray for each ministry of OBHC:
- Pray for OBHC’s leadership and employees, as they follow God in this ministry.
- Child-Focused Care – Pray for the children living on each campus, their families and OBHC employees who work with them every day. Pray Christ will impact them in their lives and they will accept Him as savior and grow in their faith.
- Family Focused Care – Pray for the single mother families in OBHC’s care, that they and their children will follow Christ, make decisions that honor Him and get the help they need to be the person God called them to be.
- Hope Pregnancy Center – Every day, people walk through our doors dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. Please pray for all the people involved, that they make the best decision for themselves and their baby. Also pray for strength, direction and the opportunity to know and trust Christ as their savior.
- One Such Child – Pray for the children in the foster care system and that churches and families in Oklahoma would rise up and become a part of supporting the foster care community.
- LifeWize – Pray for students in schools and that they hear this message of positive decision making. Pray these student’s ears and hearts will be open to this message. Pray for guidance and direction for the teachers.
- Northwest Ministries –Pray for this ministry in Alva, Oklahoma, that this ministry will impact the area around them and the ministries of OBHC will expand and grow to impact the lives of those who live there.
You can give two ways!
You can mail a check to:
ATTN: Student Mission Offering
3800 N May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Or give online by clicking the button below.
Jesus commands every Christian to share the Gospel with those around them, to the ends of the earth! We should do it because we love the Lord and want to obey Him! (Acts 1:8)
There is a literal hell people are heading to if they don’t get their sins forgiven through the Savior, Jesus. There is also a hell they go through by going through life broken in their sins and separated from God. (2 Thes 1:8-9; Matt 9:36)
The best way to invest your life is to store up treasures in heaven by investing in getting as many people there as possible. (Matt6:19-21, 1 Cor 3:11-15)
Click below to download and print the Good News Conversation Strategy Guide.
Click below for video training.
The GoodNews Coach App
The GoodNewsCoach will help remind, encourage, and train you to be better at evangelism! This free app is a valuable tool for those seeking an accountability push from a trusted mentor, or the other way around. It’s also a training tool to help you have effective Gospel “conversations”… not just “presentations.” Use it to make sharing the Gospel regularly a reality instead of an unmet expectation.
Online Mission Project
Your school may be the greatest mission field of your life! FISH Club / Worldview Outreach is a great way to organize Christian students, from many different churches, in an effort to own what they believe and reach their campus for Christ. Every week has something you’re trying to accomplish and every week points toward week four which is designed to be an outreach vehicle to engage nonbelievers in a spiritual conversation about the Gospel & life’s most important questions. It’s a great way to get the truth of who Jesus is onto your school campus!
Long Term Missions
Feel called to be a missionary? Trying to figure out your next steps after a week-long group mission experience? The North American Mission Board (NAMB) and the International Mission Board (IMB) have a multitude of opportunities for students to serve on mission in the United States and other countries, ranging from two weeks, two years, to a lifetime.