Hey GoStudents Friends… Thank you for your prayers and patience in waiting to hear about the plan for this summer. It’s with a sad, yet hopeful hearts that we need to inform you that all projects this year are canceled due to the Coronavirus. Many of the projects were canceled by our missionary partners, but overall the leadership of Oklahoma Baptists feel it would be unwise to send out student teams at this difficult season in our world. None of us would have ever thought this would happen, but God is still on the throne and the Gospel advance is still unchangeable and unstoppable!
For current information about the response from Oklahoma Baptists in regards to Covid-19, please visit oklahomabaptists.org/coronavirus-response/
- Oklahoma projects are for students who have completed 6th -12th grade.
- North America projects are for students who have completed 9th-12th grade.
- All projects also need college and adult leaders.
- The application deadline for out of state projects has been extended to January 31, 2021.
- The application deadline for Oklahoma projects is March 15, 2021.
- Participants must attend the GoStudents Training Retreat, March 27, 2021, for indispensable team-building, teaching, worship, project specific information, and training in ministry evangelism tools. Exceptions made for Oklahoma project participants only.
- Trip costs include all travel, training, meals, lodging, insurance, and materials.
- Trip costs do not include souvenirs and extra spending money.
- Deposits are non-refundable and the participant will be responsible for costs invested by GoStudents if the participant drops out.
- Trips are coordinated by experienced and trusted Oklahoma youth pastors, pastors, and church leadership.
- Each application as well as references are reviewed and then participants will be notified of their acceptance status.
- All adult and college leadership are screened to ensure accountability, maturity, and reachability.
- Background checks are run on all participants and leaders 18+.
- Each international participant is covered by travel insurance for medical emergencies.
- Projects are all in safe locations and monitored by our team, local missionaries, church planters, and ministry leaders.
- Dates and locations are subject to change due to participation and logistical requirements.