About Oklahoma City
Why serve in Oklahoma City?
Homeless Stats In Oklahoma City (2019)
16% are members of families with children
30% are female, 70% are male
58% are white, 27% are black, and 8% are Native American
31% of the population reports mental illness
15% are youth age 24 or younger
22 percent are considered “chronically” homeless, of whom 72 percent are unsheltered
58 percent were staying in a shelter, 12 in transitional housing, 30 percent unsheltered
More About Oklahoma City
Who will we serve in Oklahoma City?
- Teams will be partnering with Mission Norman.
- Teams will be housed at First Baptist Norman and will need to bring an air mattress and bedding.
- Participants have to be dropped off/picked up or drive to/from the host church at the beginning and end of the project.
- Teams will be transported around the city via church vans/buses during the project.
- Teams will show and share the Gospel by serving and praying with clients at the Mission Center, assisting the needy/homeless, canvasing communities, hosting block party events, putting on a VBS, etc.
Who will we serve?
How to pray:
- Pray for the people that are struggling with poverty, hunger and homelessness. Pray that they would be able to
find hope in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of the people in Oklahoma City to receive the Good News.
- Pray for our team to work well together.
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel.
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus,
not just religion.