Utah has incredible natural beauty with its amazing mountain ranges, and is home to some of the kindest people anywhere. Salt Lake City is the largest city in the state as well as the world headquarters for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Despite its reputation as a religious city, there is only one Southern Baptist church per 40,460 people. Sadly, over 97% of the people do not know Jesus as Lord. Our team will be hosting block parties, engaging neighbors, and reaching thousands of homes with news about a brand-new church plant starting from one of our very own Oklahoma church planters.
Why serve in Utah?
Salt Lake City is the largest city in the state as well as the world headquarters for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Evangelical Christians in the metro area
Our team will be hosting block parties, engaging neighbors and reaching thousands of homes with news about a brand-new church plant starting from one of our very own Oklahoma planters.
More About Utah
Who will we serve in Utah?
What will we do?
- Teams will be partnering with the North American Mission Board.
- Teams will be staying in a hotel
- Teams will be transported around the city via vans.
- Teams will be working with a church planter in various projects to move their ministries forward and share the Gospel.
- Students will be helping with worship gatherings, delivering church information to thousands of homes, host multiple neighborhood block Parties, etc.
- The work will be focused on making the new church plants official launch a success.
- The group will have a fun day exploring the city.
How to pray:
- Pray for those leading the efforts in each community we’ll be working in.
- Pray for the broken people in the area in need of hope and also for the workers to bring them a harvest of hope.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of the people in Tulsa to receive the Good News.
- Pray for our team to work well together.
- Pray for boldness for myself and my team members as we share the saving power of the Gospel.
- Pray for opportunities and wisdom to share the Gospel in a way that focuses on a real relationship with Jesus, not just religion.